Family Immigration


Immigration laws can unfortunately act as a roadblock to reuniting with your family in the U.S.  However, there are many avenues for recourse within the U.S. immigration system, and the Shirazi Law Group can help ensure that your petitions are successful.  One method for a foreign national to legally immigrate to the United States is to obtain the sponsorship of a family member who is either a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.  There are a number of preference categories (subject to quotas) which determine the probability that your immigration application will be accepted – immediate relatives (parents, spouse, and unmarried children under 21) have the highest preference, whereas brothers and sisters have a lower preference.  Other immigration options include temporary (non-immigrant) spouse/child (K-3/4) visas and fiancé (e) (K-1) visas.